Friday, August 10, 2007

Six Months and Counting...






I can hardly believe that 6 months ago, today, Luke was born. Time flies!!! It seems like just yesterday I was pregnant, making my daily outing to Starbucks for a decaf, non-fat, sugar-free latte (or as my sister-in-law calls it, "The Why Bother"). Anyway, I was huge and uncomfortable and ready to meet this baby growing inside me. As my due date crept to an approach I was convinced his birth would never come. I had to reassure myself that no baby ever went to kindergarten straight from the womb. Then, on the due date I had computed on webMD just nine-months earlier, my contractions started. You wouldn't believe the disappointment I felt when the doctor told me I was probably in false labor.


"You're too happy" he told me.


"DUH!!!" I replied, "I'm ready!"


Just to show him, Luke was born at 3:20 a.m. Yep, that's right. Right in the middle of the night...no sympathy from me for the tired doctor. Actually, he was wonderful and it was the second most magical moment of my life...right next to the birth of Nick.


Now it is six months later. Luke is a great baby!! He is happy and mostly content and still likes to wake me up in the middle of the night. Here's to your first six months of life Luke. I love you!!!

3 comments:

Diane said...

I can't believe it's been 6 months either, or that you took that cute, fat baby away from your friends on the East coast!

Luke, I remember that day too! Your big brother, Nick, came to my (and Cassady's) house to stay while your mommy went to the hospital. We came to visit you in the morning when you were only hours old. You had so much hair and you were/are SO cute! We miss you!
Love, One of your other Aunties :)

Macie Days said...

I remember 6 months ago, you left me stranded in the pregnant world. You were a mom, and I was a huge uncomfortable pregnant girl. I can't believe its been six months! Happy Day Luke!

Aunt Fider said...

Congratulations Geenie on a beautiful baby boy Luke. I love love love those cheeks. I can't wait to see both your little Angels, Nick and Luke, together in Arinzona very soon! I hope.

Love, Aunt Fider