Thursday, August 9, 2007

Quella Persona




Hello, welcome to Quella Persona (pronounced by me and my family as Kala Persone). Quella Persona is Italian for "that person." It is a phrase I heard often growing up by my Nonnie, my aunts, uncle and Dad. Usually it was said when they were talking about one of us kids while we were in listening distance. They would refer to "quella persona" so that we wouldn't know they were talking about us. For example, "Wow, Quella Persona, sure has some pep-on-cool" Okay, now for another translation, "pep-on-cool" is translated to pepper on the coolie which means "hyperactive." Usually, that statement was made about my brother, Mark. He is the one who photographed this beautiful portrait of Nonnie. Mark is a high-end wedding photographer and photojournalist. You can some of his work on http://www.cafierophoto.com/ and through his blog http://www.sixpeeps.com/. Anyway, regardless of his high status as a photographer, Quella Persona, is still just a big kid. This is him pictured with my son Luke and niece Macie. I do owe a lot to Mark though...he has been very generous with me, teaching me finer points of photography, encouraging me to pursue my passion for children's and family portrait photography and always being kind when critiquing my work. It is by his example that I have started this blog. Quella Persona is dedicated to my two precious boys, Nick and Luke, who I find I refer to quite often as "Quella Persona."

4 comments:

Macie Days said...

Awwwe! I love it! Happy 1st Post!

Diane said...

I love it too! I am getting to know more about my friend, and I get to see some great pictures that are going to make me sad. I miss you.

Mrs. Proctor said...

Note to self..Mark likes to torture babies and make them cry. Double note to self...Aunt Annie is obviously your only normal Aunt/Uncle. Nick..I heard that!

Aunt Fider said...

Hi Geenie. I remember when quella persona was YOU! You were too a little pep on cool sometimes and we now know why you now have little pep on cools running around today. I love your blog, you shudda done. I remember when Crampa would yell, Nonnie, Leva da mesz questa ca, that was you too. Tech could es dat. Love Aunt Fider