Monday, January 5, 2009

Weekend in McCall

Luke kicking the snow.
Nick and Luke exploring. We stayed at the Shore Lodge which is a "lodge for all seasons."
Nick must think it is summer.
This was the view from our room.
Our first night...time for bed. We were all wound up!
I don't think any of us (except Nick) slept at all.
Luke trying to be silly like his big brother.
In the morning the mist was rising off the lake.
It was so beautiful!

This pier is probably full of activity during the summer.
But in the winter it just looks desolate and cold.
This is where we spent most of our time...on the slopes!




No photos skiing/snow-boarding. My camera is TOO big and I am not nearly coordinated enough to try handling it while skiing. I would have loved to have gone crazy taking photos though...there was so much to photograph! Mainly Jay haulin' the mail down the bunny hill and on day two from the top of the mountain!
This is Jay on the drive home. Tired but happy.
Nick drove and was a good sport about all my picture taking in the car...the flash was going everywhere!

Luke was sitting behind me watching Wall-e so no shots of him. He was probably sucking his fingers and picking his nose at the same time...his new-found talent.
Thank you Nick for the WONDERFUL weekend get-away!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful! What a wonderful weekend.....

Katherine said...

That looks amazing. You got it good!

Keith McDaniel said...

Totally jealous! I love that area!! Do you prefer Brundage over Tamarack?

Memories Of Mine said...

It looks like you had a great trip. I am always amazed that young children can ski. We don’t get much snow here and a lot of it is man made on our ski slopes. I haven’t skied in years hence I am terrible at it. I sometime wish I could do these sorts of activities with my children but doe to their motor skill issues it just isn’t possible. It is hard enough for us to ride bikes around the block. This winter I would like to take my kids to see snow for the first time.

Mrs. Proctor said...

Wow! I would love to get on the mountain again. So would it be in poor taste to snowboard down the mountain while breastfeeding? Hmmm..