Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008 Resolution Update

Okay, I guess it is time for more honesty here. Someone, who shall remain annonymous (but who I am related to and is the mother of Macie) brought it to my attention that maybe I was overzealous last year with my resolutions. So, I took a look back and have decided to publicly announce which ones stuck and which ones failed...miserably.

"I have decided I need a major over-haul this year. Not that I don't love myself but I have definitely let a lot of things go. So, in order to be accountable I am posting my New Year's Resolutions for everyone to see. They are in no particular order of importance. And if any of you think I have missed something, please feel free to bring it to my attention:
1. Walk or Jog at least 30 minutes, five days/week
...sometimes
2. Eat an apple every day...I think I may have consumed five throughout the entire year.
3. Be less critical of people...especially my family...sorry guys
4. Be more tolerant of people...especially my family...failed there too.
5. Promptly write "thank you" notes...getting better but still...no....
6. Send birthday cards to everyone I love...on time...I think I made it through February
7. Complete "Purpose Driven Life"...I can't even remember starting it.
8. Pray each morning before starting my day...about 50/50...okay 25/75...well, maybe 15/85
9. Find a Bible study...YAY!!! Yippeee....score ONE for Gina
10. Start weekly one-on-one traditions with my boys...this one makes me sad...it was a good idea too.
11. Lose the baby fat (mine, not Luke's)...lost then found again
12. Spend less time on the computer...by checking e-mail only twice a day...have any of you seen my facebook entries...that really says it all.
13. Start a load of laundry every morning...well, in all honesty it has to get done and does...that was a dumb resolution.
14. Fold and put away a load of laundry every evening...folded yes, put away, no.
15. Eat more vegetables...during my brief time on South Beach diet I did eat more veggies.
16. Floss (I already do that, but resolve to keep it up)...YIPPEEE...score TWO for Gina!
17. Drink two cups of Oolong tea each day...and or green tea...nope
18. Put away Christmas decorations in a timely manner...by January 5...I hope I at least got this one but I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't. But does it really matter? Gina...what were you thinking?
19. Paint every room in my house...I got the entry-way and halls painted...not bad.
20. Get myself together first thing every morning...showered, dressed, teeth brushed and flossed, make-up on...regardless of what my daily activities include...even working out (after I pray, of course)...nope
21. Read more...doubt it
22. Watch less TV...definitely failed here too.
23. Be more appreciative of Nick...I will have to ask Nick but am afraid he will laugh
24. Keep a blessings journal...not one entry
25. Donate free family portraits to the women's and children's shelter...this was a good one too and I am terribly ashamed I didn't follow through here.
26. Don't eat anything with sugar, white enriched flour, high fructose corn syrup, partially hydrogenate oil, or saturated fat in the first 5 ingredients of any food...HAHAHA...this one makes me laugh! Was I on crack when I wrote this?
27. Don't eat artificial sweeteners, fructose or dextrose...two packs of splenda in my coffee EVERY morning.
28. Live fabulously and with enthusiasm...Oh brother!!!!
29. Speak more enthusiastically!!! and with more inflections...that is a ridiculous resolution!
30. Keep my eyebrows plucked and polished looking and lip waxed...no hair on my face this year!!!...necessity...does that count as following through?
Okay, I think that is enough to keep me busy. Now, I will start on Nick's list of resolutions...just kidding...see resolutions numbers 3 & 4 above..."less critical, more tolerant!!!" (oh, and number 23 "be more appreciative of Nick").
Wishing you all peace in 2008.
Love, Gina


Well, I think this time, last year I had definitely LOST it! What was I thinking with so many resolutions? I think I probably felt the same way last year that I do now, which is the realization that there is a lot of room for improvement in my life. In pretty much every area I can still grow. So, this year, I resolve to not make any resolutions but to just keep plugging away at being a better person.

I pray that 2009 will be a year that blesses you all!

7 comments:

Katherine said...

So funny! You were a tad over-zealous...
but, good job on the flossing! I think it's great to aim high... but no fructose is a bit much!

La Mama said...

Oh my gosh that was funny! I love you, Gina. NOTE: I think you are very enthusiastic and a wonderful mom and friend. God bless you and your family with lots of joy this year!!

Anonymous said...

Very clever, Charming! "ditto" for the one you made this year!!

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of the boys at the head of your blog.......You take the best pictures!

Memories Of Mine said...

Oh I thought I left a comment here the other day. I am so bad at that. Maybe my NYE resolution should be to check more carefully.

Thanks for making me laugh, better luck this year with following some of your resolutions through.

Keith McDaniel said...

I remember reading your list last year thinking "Wow! She's got a plan in life!!" Not that you don't now, but it's good to know that you are a true and honest person with excellent flossing habits.

Happy New Year!!

Mrs. Proctor said...

Gina..you are already a fabulous person, and those resolutions made me laugh.