Monday, January 26, 2009

Friends Award

My new Aussie blogging buddy, Liss (A Memory Forever), named me for this fabulous award on her blog a few days ago. I was so surprised and completely honored that she thought my blog was worthy of a "Friends Award." And she even wrote the nicest things about me and my blog.

Friends Award Rule: These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find, and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award

So, I hereby award the Friends Award to the following friends:

Consider the Lillies: Britiney is a good friend of mine and I truly enjoy her blog. She has a nice mix displaying her art, stamping, and sharing her personal life. I enjoy seeing her cards as much as photos of her three precious boys. Britiney shares her faith and she makes me laugh.

Familia Hanson: Nayibe is another good friend of mine. I admire her tremendous courage for giving up many of her possessions and taking a huge leap of faith by moving to Columbia with her family on a quest to adopt a baby girl. It hasn't be easy but she chronicles her experiences with joy and a great sense of humor. And when you visit her blog you get to hear great Spanish Praise music!

Macie Days: Of course I HAVE to include Macie Days! Katherine is my sister and best friend. She started me on the whole blogging thing. I visit her blog daily to see what my sweet niece is upto and into. Katherine has so many precious videos and again, a great sense of humor. And she makes me laugh.

Six Peeps: This blog belongs to my brother...a tremendously talented photographer and a very funny guy. I think he started blogging even before Katherine. He has certainly been an inspiration to me as a photographer and has taught me most of what I know about the art. I just wish I had an ounce of his creativity. And he makes me laugh.

Texas Trio:This is a new blog but one that I am sure will take off! This blog started with Madison who is only seven weeks old. I look forward to seeing more cute photos of my sweet niece and hearing of their adventures as a new family.

The Young, The Restless, and The Mom: Jennifer is another good friend. I enjoy her blog and her no-nonsense approach to mothering. Her blog is a completely humble and honest account of her experiences mothering two young boys. And she makes me laugh.

Of course I would give this award right back to A Memory Forever. Liss is a very talented photographer and seems to be a very vibrant and fun mom! She too has a great sense of humor and makes me laugh. Maybe some day we'll meet for drinks.

4 comments:

Katherine said...

yey! That is the first award I have ever received!!
It always feels good to be recognized, even if its for being a sister blogger!

Jen McD said...

You're the best! Thanks for the award, and if I even had the slightest technical notion as to how to pass the award to you, I would!! You turned me onto blogging. Hope you are taking full advantage of all this powder outside! Cole *might* be skipping school tomorrow for a daddy/son snow day!

Memories Of Mine said...

Yey another award. Thanks for passing it back.

I look forward to blogging more with you. Pity we live on opposite sides of the world.

LaffyCaffi said...

ahh gee! I totally ripped on you in my blog today and you gave me this really nice and heartfelt award! Gosh I feel like a schmuck! :) That is nice though, thanks Geenie!