Thursday, July 24, 2008

Stepping Up

I love Beth Moore Bible studies! She is brilliant and every study I have completed by her has resulted in spiritual growth in me. Yet I still consider myself an "immature" Christian. I still have SO many questions and my perpetual prayer request of God is to know Him more. I want to know more and that is why I continue seeking Him and studying His word. Whenever I seek guidance from those who seem closer to knowing God than I do, sometimes I am enlightened but often I leave feeling quite frustrated. Why can't anyone answer those tough questions? Why, after years of studying the Bible do I still feel so far from God, from really knowing what he is all about?

Well, in today's study on the Psalms of Ascent, Beth Moore presented me with the most intriguing question, of which I pass on to you.

First, she writes: "Consider afresh that God was just as intentional about what He didn't tell us on the pages of Scripture as what He did. You might say that what is missing and unexplained on the pages of Scripture is in some ways just as inspired as what you find in ink. Who else is so brilliant, so multi-dimensional and gloriously mysterious that you could spend your entire lifetime studying and never grasp His vastness?

What do you think you'd do if you thought you had God completely figured out?"

2 comments:

Katherine said...

I like Britiney's answer!

Jen McD said...

Thank you sharing her perspective - I will be chewing on this for a while!!