Thursday, February 14, 2008

Remember When

Do you remember Atari? How about having to sit 2 feet away from the television because the cord didn't reach very far?

The joystick was quite simple, it had a button and a knob. I'm not sure what the button did but the knob moved the paddle up and down to hit the ball that bounced back and forth and that was it. I remember playing for as long as my mom would let me...which wasn't very long. In case you aren't familiar...the dash is the paddle and the dot is the ball. It actually kept score! Or maybe we had to input the scores...maybe that is what the button did...hmmm...

Santa brought Jay a Wii. Here it is...we have come a long way from the Atari I used to play!

But the expressions while playing remain the same...tongue out, head tilted and that blank, zombie-like, far off, wide-eyed stare.
Luke is starting to copy his big brother.
Tongue out...check.
Head tilted...yup!
Zombie?...working on it.
He thinks he is playing too. What he doesn't know, is he has the remote to the DVD player. Speaking of...do you remember when VCRs were the big thing? Remember that big knob on the television? We actually had to get off our lazy hineys to change the channel to one of four options. I can't wait to see what kind of games my grandkids will be playing.
Actually, I think I can wait...for now, I just want to enjoy my kids enjoying their games.
Okay, boys, its time to go outside!

2 comments:

Macie Days said...

Oh Atari! That was just the beginning! I remember when Mark got a Nintendo... it was $100 back then!! He was so spoilta.
I like your Wii. But Boxing on the Wii does not sustitute for a workout.

gina marie said...

I am still sore, Katherine, from that boxing work-out. I think maybe you should get a wii and find out:-)