Tuesday, December 18, 2007

In Loving Memory...

Today, I am sad. I am sad for this world for yesterday it lost a bright light. My friend Andrea passed away. Some might take this to mean that she lost her battle with cancer. She didn't. She won. Yesterday, as her husband said to me on the phone, cancer died, she lives on in heaven, basking in the glorious light of her Lord and Savior. She won because to the very end of her life on earth she lived. She never lost faith. She never felt sorry for herself, she never asked why, she never took one moment for granted. She won because of her living faith. She was a beautiful example to everyone she knew and so many she didn't what Christianity truly looks like. What love looks like.
I am so deeply honored to have been her friend. I am honored that she and Jim are Luke's Godparents. I am honored that they trusted me enough to take me on this journey with them. So while the world is a little darker without Andrea, I take comfort knowing her light shines in all those she came in contact with. Her light shines in Jim, Nic and Anthony and all of her friends and family who love her and all those who never even met her but were touched by her story.
"Love is patient,
love is kind.
It does not envy,
it does not boast,
it is not proud.
It is not rude,
it is not self-seeking,
it is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil
but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects,
always trusts,
always hopes,
always perserveres.
...And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.
But the greatest of these is love."
1 Corinthians 13:4-7,13

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that picture! I am sad that we have lost that wonderful smile and kind, softspoken wisdom. I am comforted knowing that she won her battle and is with her Lord and Savior. We will miss her here!

Jen McD said...

Gina, I am sad with you. Thank you for allowing me to become closer to Andrea through our MOPS journey. She has planted seeds throughout every person she came into contact with. I know she will enjoy watching God's garden grow.

Unknown said...

I'm really sorry to hear about this Gina... I have been rooting for your friend here, and stopping by Jim's blog now and again. It seems, however, that her experience with cancer has really sparked a lot of real soul-searching. Her story has even affected myself, a passer-by, who remains humble to what plans God has for each of us!

Katie said...

I'm sorry to hear this news also. And your right the day is a little darker and I never had the honor of even knowing her. I check in with their blog on occasion and always left feeling so warm and inspired. Nothing more to say. (((hugs)))
Katie

Jravella said...

Gina,

Thank you. Thank you for your kind words and thank you for your love for my wife. Thank you for your friendship, and thank you for your faith. Thank you for giving Andrea and I the honor to be Luks's God parents.

I so love that picture. It is one of my all time favorites. You both look so beautiful. Such bright smiles, you feed off each other. Though you may not think so, Andrea drew from your faith.

Jim

Anonymous said...

Gina,
So sad to hear Andrea battle is over. She is now with God, smiling at all the dear friends and relatives below. She is now with God and she will be truly missed. She seem a beautiful person, even though I just meet her once! Bless Her!