Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Mom's Sixtieth!

We just returned home from Colorado after celebrating my mom's sixtieth birthday! I can't believe she is 60! She doesn't look it though and if she were to take Dr. Oz's true age test I am sure it would confirm she isn't a day over 35. We, her family, decided rather than a big party, which she isn't fond of, we would rent a house in Breckenridge and take her away for a couple of days. It was so much fun! I wish I had taken my camera out more to capture all of the fun things we did. I often find myself torn between experiencing the moment and capturing it. But here are a few shots, mostly of these sweet kids, of our time there.

We did crafts...


Macie is ALL girl! I love getting my "girl fix" with my sweet niece.


I love this racoon hat. No more crafts for him, Jay is ready to play in the snow!


Snow time it is!

Whenever possible, I must get these two hugging! They are so darn cute!!!


Hot Chocolate Time!!!


I love this shot of Macie.


Story time before nap time. Kat took this one...thanks Katherine!


Mom. I love her!


Bath Time!


Now it is time for cake! Jay helped make this gluten free cake for Granny.


Happy Birthday Mom!!!!


Three days later we all celebrated Thanksgiving together. I think it is the best one I have celebrated in a long time! I love being around all of my family!


Mom and Steve


My sister Katherine, niece Macie and brother-in-law Eric.


My brother Mark and his girlfriend Elle.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun to celebrate two holidays with family! Happy Birthday to your Mom. I welcome her to the sixties:) Your pictures are charming! Great picture of your family. Love to see the other pictures of your family....such happiness!

Katherine said...

Love the photos Gina!
I think the one I TOOK with your camera is my favorite.. the one with you on the couch reading to the kids!
You are such an awesome aunt! I loved getting to spend time with your fam!

Memories Of Mine said...

Your mum looks really young. What a great idea to go away for a few days with all the family.

Your little niece is precious with the tiara and earrings on.