Sunday, August 30, 2009

Discovering My Passion...

I have been busy lately! Busy in a great way. Suddenly, out of nowhere I have been hired for my photography talents...for the most unique jobs. Since moving back to Boise I have been trying to build my family and children's portrait business. It has been slow going but still going well. However, recently I have been hired by a builder to advertise his homes and a new development. Below is a copy of the back cover of his brochure.


This photo among others will be on a billboards advertising a new development called Paramount.


Then I was hired by an optometry office to photograph children in sunglasses, eyeglasses and contacts for their office, as well as the office staff. They liked my work so much we have started a partnership together.








Recognize this little guy? He was one of my models.





How about this one?


Next...body-building! My friend Krista is second from the right.


This is my trainer.


In exchange for some portrait work I am doing for Gold's Gym, they have agreed to let me advertise. Here is my poster.


And finally, this is a shot from the second wedding I have been hired to photograph this summer.


When I am so busy that my laundry is piling up and I don't have time to do my hair I have to ask myself, "is this really what I want to do with my time?" And thankfully, and somewhat surprisingly the answer is a definite "YES!" I think I have finally discovered something I am truly passionate about.

7 comments:

Katherine said...

you are blessed with talent and business! Those two don't always go hand in hand!

Keep it up Gina!!

La Mama said...

It is definitely a gift, you make it look so easy! What a wonderful feeling to get paid for something you love to do :) Beautiful pictures, Gina!

Memories Of Mine said...

Wow that is FANTASTIC!!! :)
how did you get all these gigs?

You have done a brilliant job, love the billboard photo and the magazine back cover.

Anonymous said...

This is soooo fantastic! I'm very happy for you! The pictures are gorgeous, each in their own way. Praise God! - Christine

Jen McD said...

great work!

LaffyCaffi said...

Nice work, Geenie!

I am speaking in Vegas about "virtual income", bartering your skills with other businesses. I want to use you're deal with Golds Gym as a case study worth a mention. Is that OK?

Anonymous said...

Go for it, Gina! Your talent and business is your passion....well, you can't have it any better:)!