Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4th of July in McCall

After three weeks of "summer flu" finally, everyone seemed healthy. We had the reservations and the friends already there. So, we loaded up the car and the boat and went to McCall for the Fourth of July! It was the best one we have had yet! Mountain air is good for the soul!

There were sailboats everywhere! This one was by far the most festive. The side says "Got Rum?"





Self-Portrait


Kindra took this picture of us in front of the Shore Lodge. I blogged about our visit there during the winter...it looked much different all covered in snow.


Dave and Kindra. Our friends. They have a camper...it has a bathroom!
This is Jay's favorite spot on the boat.
I don't think Luke was having any fun at all...poor kid.
Nor was his dad.
What isn't pictured are the fireworks we watched over McCall from the middle of Payette Lake in our boat. It was as if the show was just for us!!!! AMAZING!
Our camp site the next morning. RELAXING!!!!

3 comments:

Katherine said...

I want to go!!! Looks like fun!
I love your self portrait - so cool!

Memories Of Mine said...

You know what? I don't camp, I don't have camping equipment or the car big enough to carry it all. I enjoyed it as a kid and you photos make it look like a lot of fun.

Taking my 2 kid on my own ... now I know that wouldn't be fun but with a group of friends I think it would be cool.

My kids love the outdoors so I know they be in on a camping trip.

Mrs. Proctor said...

Jay, my favorite spot on the boat is also the bow. I remember on our housboat trips, going into the marina with Dad at 6 a.m. to make a business call. I would ride on the bow of our boat..loved it.