Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Just Stuff

Well, it has been a while since I have posted anything. So, this is just a random update to what we have been up to lately. First of all, we are just getting over six, yes 6, weeks of someone being sick around here. Mostly it has been Luke with one thing or another, then Jay, then Nick got the "man cold" (if you aren't sure what that is, check out this video: www.glumbert.com/media/mancold). Then I got the "man cold" which after getting it felt bad about not rubbing Nick's forehead and saying "poor little bunny" because that is exactly what would have made me feel better. So, finally, after Jay's cold and a brief concern of chicken pox, we are all back to normal. Luke is back into everything!

With our illnesses behind us, we picked up the pace and had an action packed weekend and unfortunately I didn't break out my camera once...sorry. It started early Saturday morning with my first half marathon since Luke was born in memory of my friend Andrea...in record breaking heat, and therefore, no record breaking time. My only hope was my friend wasn't looking down on me from heaven embarrassed that this was my pathetic attempt at a memorial...walking at mile 10 and asking an old lady if she would drive me to the finish line. Just kidding, I was only asking in jest. My first mile, though, was an 8:48...which I think may have been my problem...I petered out at mile 5 with 8 more to go...UGH. After the race I had to race home to get my house ready for a totally kick-hiney, Texas Hold'em, birthday party to celebrate Nick's 43rd. It was a blast. Then after a late night of card playing and socializing we woke up early to well-rested boys and a very messy house, which we hurried to clean up so we could join our friends on the lake...another record breaking heat. Let's just say, we all slept well Sunday night.

And now, I think life is returning to its usual pace with Jay at school and laundry piling up while Luke takes his morning nap because instead of folding clothes I would rather write this pretty boring post that I wonder if anyone will actually read. So, I guess this is where I sign off and get back to work.

TTFN (ta ta for now)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Way to go Gina!! I didnt realize that your race was last weekend. High fives!! I think in one of my training books theres a chart that says 5 miles in record heat = 26 miles in normal conditions. (Im just teasing; I dont have any training books!) :) Id love to hear more about your race; I bet Andrea was smiling HUGE.

Ciao :) Jenny

Macie Days said...

YEY! Good job Gina! I am mad you don't have any pictures to show for all these events!

Love, the reigning 3rd place champion of the Great Potato Marathon 2004 :-) (still have my newspaper clipping!)