Friday, April 4, 2008

Let 'Er Rip!

Not long ago I wrote a post about how motherhood isn't for wimps. I recall that post being written sometime soon after taking Nick to the dentist to re-implant a tooth that had been busted out during a bizarre PE accident. I think maybe there is some sort of short-term memory loss that goes along with those types events because here it is, not two months later and Nick is riding a ripstick that he bought with his own money. For those of you who don't know what a ripstick is it is like a skate-board on adrenaline. Basically, it is a skate-board with two wheels that rotate instead of four fixed wheels and it has a joint in the center. When you ride, you twist your body which in turn twists the board causing the wheels to rotate and therefore propel the skater. Am I also a little insane?

At least I have enough sense to make him wear a helmet. Actually, he is really good. He practiced and practiced and can now rip with the 14-year-old across the street.



2 comments:

Macie Days said...

I have never seen anything like it, but he certainly looks like he knows what he's doing!
That Jay. I don't care how old he gets, he's still such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Ripstick--new one to me! I can tell Jay has mastered it. Jay you look real cool!